This oatmeal is the perfect thing to have after a cold winter run. I like to have something small before my morning runs and then have a big hearty breakfast after! I reckon the best time to have this oatmeal is in the winter because apples are in season and you can get them dirt-cheap. Plus everyone must crave some kinda apple pudding, whether its pie, crumble or even oatmeal!
Ingredients (For 2 people):
- 1 mug of oats or blended oats (oatmeal)
- 2 apples
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A handful of pecans
- 1 mug of almond milk
- Chop the apples into bite size chunks and add them to a small saucepan with the coconut oil and maple syrup, then stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with a lid, turn the heat on low, and then leave the apples to soften for around 5-10 minutes.
- While the apples are stewing, toast some pecans in a frying pan; there is no need to add any oil.
- Once the apples are soft, add the cinnamon, oats and almond milk then stir until the oatmeal is gloopy!
- Serve in a round cereal bowl and top with the pecans, more cinnamon and maple syrup (if you want).