Last week I set myself the challenge of going ‘Raw Till 4’ which is where you eat raw fruits and vegetables until 4pm (so basically breakfast and lunch) and then have a cooked meal in the evening. Lots of raw foodies like making ‘nice cream’ (banana ice cream) so I decided to make my own variation which I have been having a lot for breakfast! It is so delicious!
- 4 bananas
- 2 medjool dates
- A splash of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder or carob powder
- A sprinkle of raw flaked coconut (optional)
- Chop the bananas into little chunks and freeze over night
- Put the bananas, dates and cacao powder into a blender and blend. If you do not have a high-speed blender add some almond milk to help it combine.
- Once the consistency is smooth like ice cream, serve in a bowl and sprinkle with raw coconut flakes.