These banana pancakes are the perfect Sunday treat, plus the benefits of removing the milk and eggs make them completely fat free! If you think about it, they are basically flour and water! It kinda goes against the whole idea of pancakes (using all the luxury ingredients up before lent) but hey ho, now you can have pancakes during lent! I find the best way to serve these is with lots of chopped up berries, more bananas and maple syrup!
- 3 bananas mashed into a puree. They should be really ripe and spotty!
- 200g plain four
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 200ml almond milk
- 100ml (or more) of water
- 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas with a fork and leave to onside.
- Sift the flours and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the almond milk, bananas, water and vanilla extract and mix. The batter should be quite thick, but not as thick as cake batter. If you find your batter is too thick, just add more water.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the hob and add a ladle of pancake batter.
- Try to cook them on a medium head, and do not flip them until you can see little bubbles on the uncooked side of the pancake.
- Flip over and cook until both sides are golden. Serve with lots of fresh berries and maple syrup!