It’s Saturday morning, and thought it was time for a vegan treat! I have made dairy and egg free blueberry pancakes which are completely fat free (well a little from the almond milk )! Theses were not as healthy as I had intended, I tried to make some gluten free pancakes made with chia seeds but they completely failed and tasted gross, so, not really worth it! You can serve these with fruit compote and yoghurt, maple syrup, but my favourite is brown sugar or coconut sugar (which is probably the healthiest) and lemon! I find that blueberries go really well with citrus fruits, so i but some fresh orange juice in the pancake batter!
Ingredients: (Makes three small pancakes-serves 1)
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 100g Self raising flour
- 70g frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinager
- 1/2 juice of one orange
- Sift the flour and baking power and flour into a bowl.
- Add the almond milk, orange juice and apple cider vinegar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the blue berries, if they are frozen like mine were they will make the mixture go slightly blue.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan on the hob and add a ladle of batter.
- Try to cook them on a medium heat until you can see little bubbles on top of the uncooked side of the pancake.
- Flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown and serve with a drizzle of lemon juice and brown or coconut sugar.