I think most people, before (they go vegan) are worried that they will get sick of eating veggies but if you think about it- you eat meat, dairy and eggs everyday and you don’t seem to be bored of them… The key to cooking is changing up seasoning and Mexican spices work perfectly with veggies. These vegan fajitas are quick, light and easy and make cooking after a long day at work 10 times easier. This normally makes enough for two meals and it’s great cold the next day.
• 1 red pepper
• 1 yellow pepper
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 onion (red or white)
• 1 avocado
• The juice of 1 lime
• 3-5 wraps (depending on how many you can eat).
• 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach.
• A splash of olive oil
• 3 tsp of cayenne pepper
• 3tsp of cumin
• Salt and pepper
1. Roughly chop the onion (This is a quick and easy recipe so don’t worry about dicing it finely). Then soften in a pan with some olive oil.
2. Chop the peppers into thick strips (about and inch wide). Add to the pan once the onion has softened a little.
3. Dice the tomatoes and add them to the pan as well.
4. Chuck in all the spices, give the veggies a stir. If you feel like the dish needs more spice then feel free to add some more!
5. Fry the veg on a low/medium heat and add a little water if you feel like they are sticking to the bottom.
6. While the veggies are cooking you can make the guacamole. But don’t forget to keep an eye on them, stirring every now and again.
7. Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone by smacking you knife into the middle and twisting it (It should come out pretty easily).
8. Spoon the avocado into a wide bowl and squeeze in the lime juice.
9. Season with salt and smash with a fork.
10. Your veggies should be soft and ready to eat now so serve with some tortilla wraps and some fresh spinach.
11. Enjoy, and try not to get too messy!